A Strategic Integrated Transport Plan Framework (SITPF) was introduced in 2013 to align the City’s transport programmes and initiatives with the objectives of the NDP2030 and the Joburg GDS2040.
The SITPF defines a future vision of:
“A people-centred transport system that is transformed”
and describes its intention that transport infrastructure and systems must lead to improvements in the quality of life for present and future generations of Johannesburg residents.
Among its goals are, to:
- build a leading, responsive and activist transportation sector;
- develop co-ordinated policies for integrated and sustainable transport;
- encourage behavioural changes among transport users;
- provide high quality, safe, affordable and accessible public transport services;
- build, maintain and manage public transport and non-motorised transport infrastructure to support walking, cycling and the use of public transport.
Follow the link for more information about the SITPF: